Re: SSH/SSHD local LAN only

Hi:

man 5 sshd_config

Edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and add the following line:

AllowUsers *@192.168.*.*

ListenAddress directive is another way to achieve your purpose, but iptables and tcp wrappers (hosts.allow & hosts.deny) are also valid methods.

Bye

S.D.Allen escribió:
Greetings;

I can seem to figure out which config file to edit and what to enter
to allow only hosts on the LAN to connect via SSH. I'll have the box
in question available to the entire Internet and want to disable
global access to SSH. Presently I'm using password authentication, and
would prefer to keep it this way, as opposed to allowing access via
trusted key.

Thanks.