Re: nss_ldap issue

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:54:52AM +0530, Harpreet wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am facing a problem of nss_ldap
> i.e. when a user tries to connect to courier services, they get the
> following error.
>
> user.info: Sep 18 11:24:35 nscd: nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP
> server...
> user.err: Sep 18 11:24:35 nscd: nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP
> server as uid=example,dc=com - Can't contact LDAP server

do you have a user called uid=example,dc=com, try binding to the server
with ldapsearch with the same details you have for nss_ldap

> After reading some mailing lists I changed the bind policy soft.
> But the issue is still not resolved for me.
> I am still facin gthe same problem.
> But on restarting the NSCD and SLAPD it starts working, but that too for
> some time.
>

> Please respond to me.
>
> thanx.
>

> --

Most people exhibit what political scientists call "the conservatism of the
peasantry."  Don't lose what you've got.  Don't change.  Don't take a chance,
because you might end up starving to death.  Play it safe.  Buy just as much
as you need.  Don't waste time.

When  we think about risk, human beings and corporations realize in their
heads that risks are necessary to grow, to survive.  But when it comes down
to keeping good people when the crunch comes, or investing money in
something untried, only the brave reach deep into their pockets and play
the game as it must be played.

		-- David Lammers, "Yakitori", Electronic Engineering Times, January 18, 1988