Re: A simple question about the "Security Advisories"

Generally, when you see an advisory, run (as root, or using sudo if
you have it installed):

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

and that should update you.

You should generally pay attention to Security Advisories, because as
you learn more about the system, you'll understand them more : ) and
more importantly, you may want to respond by changing to a different
package or something.  Responding to the update is easy enough, and
don't you feel better knowing when new vulnerabilities are fixed?