Re: Is Novel Suse not friendly to real linux world? and how about Red hat and Debian?

* Star Liu (minxinjianxin@gmail.com) [19.09.08 06:46]:
> I read a article about  the IP issues among Microsoft, SCO, Novel Suse
> and the other Linux world yestorday. I felt quite angry about what
> Microsoft has done to Linux in order to keep its market in software.
> so i hope i can get more information about this.

First of all, you should quote, which article you read.
Can't read your mind...

> 1. If Novel Suse is so obviously not friendly to free software world,
> why so many people still use it? does it mean people who use Suse do
> not have the spirit of free software?
> 2. I also know that Enterprise Edition of Red hat is not a free
> distribution, so does it mean Red hat do not have the spirit of free
> software?
> 3. Shall Debian follow the way of Red hat to have a nonfree enterprise edition?

Before I can answer: what definition of freedom you use? Is it the DFSG
definition?

> 4. Do Debian has the danger of IP lawsuits "created" by microsoft?

I would say no, and just because there is no money to get from Debian.
Remember this is just about money...

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER         mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de