Re: howto post configure a debian installation

On 2008-09-18 13:42 +0200, Santanu Chatterjee wrote:

> Sorry for asking this question... I really should be looking into the docs,
> but I just thought asking here would be faster :-)

I cannot give a satisfactory answer, I'm afraid.  But I'd be very
interested in getting one.

> I just installed debian testing on a system, but did not configure
> networking, apt repositories, and did not even run tasksel. So
> I have a very basic installation.
>
> I know that there is a command to setup certain aspects of a debian
> installation _after_ the installation. I just cannot remember the name of
> that command right now. Please help.

TTBOMK, there is no such command. :-(  There used to be "base-config" in
the package of the same name, but that package was removed before the
Etch release, the reason being that the installer handles all this
stuff.  Which means that one has to hand-edit /etc/network/interfaces,
/etc/apt/sources.list etc.

Anyone who has better suggestions?

Sven