Re: mdadm raid5 giving me heartburn.....

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 11:39:47PM -0400, Michael Habashy wrote:
> the current state of my system -- it is up and running but i do not
> belive for long:
>
> root@rider:~# cat /proc/mdstat
> Personalities : [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
> md1 : active raid5 sda5[3](F) sdb5[4](F) sdd5[2] sdc5[1]
>       781417344 blocks level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/2] [_UU]
>
> md2 : active raid1 sda6[0]
>       9767424 blocks [2/1] [U_]
>
> md0 : active raid1 sda1[0]
>       289024 blocks [2/1] [U_]

looks like you lost some of your mirror sets, what did you mirror sda6
with ?  just add it back to the raid set (find out why it dropped out),
mdadm -A /dev/md2 /dev/<what ever the device was>

Plus sdb seems to have failed in the raid5.

My guess is sdb has gone faulty, try running some smart tests against
it. You will want to be carefull, if you loose another disk you will
loose your raid5 (and if its sda your raid1's.

Find out whats wrong with sdb and fix it, either replace the drive,
check the cables or power or ....

It should survive a reboot, presuming sda is hd0