Re: problems with madwifi and Atheros AR5418

Kevin Mitchell a écrit :
> The ath9k in 2.6.27-rc5 is working famously for me on my Thinkpad T60
> AR5418. I'm even creeping past 11g speeds (25MB/s on a good day).

Wow. Here I can't do tests since my only other local machine has slow
wifi, but yes, ath9k form 2.6.27-rc5 works fine too (except that that
card won't reconnect to the AP if it goes down then up unless I reload
the driver... fortunately, my AP doens't go down that often).

> I used to use madwifi and didn't experience the kind of problems you
> speak of. I did however notice that somewhere along the way, there was
> a regression that slowed down the connection by a non negligible
> amount http://madwifi.org/ticket/2043. You might try downloading 3401
> snapshot (I think you use the "-r 3401" as an argument to svn). I had
> meant to pinpoint exactly when and where this regression occured, but
> then ath9k came out and there was an exponential decay in my caring
> coefficient.

Well, since ath9k is working well, I don't think I'll try to go back to
madwifi. Now the only drawback is, module-assistant doesn't succed any
more in building modules: I'm under the impression it tries to use the
2.6.26 headers...

Manuel.