Re: System clock malfunction

Am 07.09.2008 um 17:11 schrieb Girish Kulkarni:

I installed Debian 4.0 on my laptop this Thursday. And I notice today
that the system clock is running faster by 0530 hours. My BIOS shows
the correct time, but Debian changes to this advanced time at every
reboot. What could be going wrong? (Interestingly, I use the Indian
Standard Time, which happens to be precisely GMT+0530. Does this have
anything to do with the problem?)

Probably your system-clock is not set to utc... then you'll have to tell your system, that your pc-clock is set to your local timezone.

bye,

Michael.