Re: Dns bind9 not foward

I also tried to install bind and setup it only forward query to Opendns, but i don't know because it doesn't work!

Any idea?

Chris Davies wrote:
Enrico Farabollini <enrico.farabollini@libero.it> wrote:

[-- text/html, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 57 lines --]
[-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 41 lines, name: dig --]
[-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 41 lines, name: dig1 --]

There's nothing obviously wrong apart from your zone declarations in
your original posting.

    *	Your forward zone shouldn't contain PTR entries

    *	Your reverse zone should contain only PTR entries (and one SOA)

    *	You should exclude the RFC1918 zone for 192.168 if that's your
	local network

There's other strangeness but I really don't see why it's stopping the
server running. You might want to try (a) removing the forward first
directive, (b) removing the entire forwarders section (and the forward
first). Other than that I've not really got any more ideas.

Chris