Re: encrypted partition question

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Alexander Golovin <alex.golovin@mail.ru> wrote:

 I was trying to encrypt my ext3 partition /dev/hda6, that's what I did:

1. I've added modules: aes, dm_mod, dm_crypt, to /etc/modules
2. Created the cryptographic device mapper: cryptsetup -y create crypt /dev/hda6 (entered passphrase twice)
3. Changed this options:
echo "crypt /dev/hda6" >> /etc/crypttab; echo "/dev/mapper/crypt /mnt/crypt ext3 defaults 0 1" >> /etc/fstab

try putting

crypt /dev/hda6 none luks

in /etc/crypttab

4. Created mount directory; mkdir /mnt/crypt
5. Created a filesystem on the mapped device: mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/crypt

 So, when I've tryied to mount /mnt/crypto It was mounted without passphrase question, but it was mounted.
But , after reboot I've tried to mount my partition, and that what I have now:
# mount /mnt/crypt/
mount: special device /dev/mapper/crypt does not exist

And I don't have a crypt file in /dev/mapper/ directory.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Cassiano Leal