Re: apt source line for debian multimedia on amd-64?

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:
On 2008-09-03 16:18, diane mittnik wrote:
> Can someone please copy/paste their debian-multimedia url line in apt's
> sources.list file? I'm getting errors I think because of the path for
> amd/64.
>
> I've tried [many] variations of these but no joy:
>
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main

This works for me. What is the error you get? Where does 'aptitude
update' get stuck?

Johannes
I was trying to avoid listing an error message, as I know it's the path to amd/64 that's the issue and it's been months since I tried many variations for the correct path, all with no joy.  But to answer your question, this is the current error message:

Failed to fetch http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404 Not Found

W: Couldn't stat source package list http://debian-multimedia.org stable/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/debian-multimedia.org_dists_stable_main_binary-amd64_dists_stable_main_binary-amd64_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)

for this in sources.list:
deb http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/ stable main

(also tried "etch main" and many variations on the url path, including checking the url path with a browser and trying to paste the variations into sources.list

Anyone with a working url for debian-multimedia for stable/etch specific to amd/64, I'll take it and work it out myself if there are any further issues.

Thanks again,

Di.