Re: sha256 load module error

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 12:17:23AM +0300, Alexander Golovin wrote:
>   I've tryed to load modules for my partition encryption, and had an
> error:
> #modprobe sha256
> WARNING: Error inserting padlock_sha (/lib/modules/2.6.26-1-686/kernel/drivers/crypto/padlock-sha.ko): No such device

Where is the error? For an unknown module it clearly stats that.

| # modprobe tsd
| FATAL: Module tsd not found.

>   Is it very important error for this module work? Can I work with this
> module with that?

There is no error. The problem is that padlock_sha provides sha256 and
is the first in the search path. modprobe loads all matching modules so
it will get at least one.

Change is the essential process of all existence.
		-- Spock, "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield", stardate 5730.2