Re: Debian 4.0 on VMware Player 2.0.5 on WinXP Pro SP3 keybounce, network, clock issues

On Sun Aug 31, 2008 at 13:52:26 -0700, David Christensen wrote:

> 2.  The eth0 network interface would not come up reliably at boot --
>    ~50% of the time it would work.

   When it failed what was the symptoms from the Debian side?
  I'd guess that it came up as eth1, eth2, etc.  See if that
  is the case by running "ifconfig -a".

   If it has a different number look at your udev config.

> 3.  The clock ran fast -- Debian would sometimes gain
> an hour or more per hour of real time.

  Use the open-vm-tools package.  Edited that would look something
 like this:

    apt-get install module-assistant open-vm-tools open-vm-source
    m-a prepare
    m-a build open-vm-source
    m-a install open-vm-source
    reboot