Re: Lenny's debian-installer installs Lilo when using lvm

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Ricardo <ricardogh@esdebian.org> wrote:
     Hi all

    I did a quick search in the bug reports (don't have much time now) and didn't find the exactly same problem I'm having with the newest debian-installer. On an Acer Travelmate 6292 I just bought, I created a big partition occuping the whole disk and created a lvm volume group with 3 lvm logical volumes (swap, root and home). At the end of the install process, I can only install Lilo as boot loader, Grub doesn't appear as an option. The problem is that the system is taking too long to boot (it stays at least half a minute on the stage where lilo tries to load the kernel). It's a long time ago since I used lilo for the last time, and I really don't need to leave grub at this moment, since I'm really confortable with it. So, should the debian-installer behave like that? Btw, I tried to install the system both with the lenny Beta2 image and the weekly build from 25-Aug-08 (the newest). Also tried removing all dash symbols from the lvm names (there was a bug report that related this too a problem with grub), it didn't work. Now I simply installed the system without LVM and Grub is working as expected. Any ideas? Should I fill a bug report (never did that before)?

        Thanks in advance,

                Ricardo

AFAIK, you must have a seperate /boot partition if you want to use grub with LVM.