Re: hidden processes?

2008/8/29 Zach Uram <netrek@gmail.com>:
> I used the unhide package and found this result, should I be worried?
> How can I stop these hidden processes?
I guess if I was you I would install rkhunter and chkrootkit.
Then launch chkrootkit, and 'rkhunter --check' to try to find if a
rootkit is installed on your system inside a Terminal administrator
window.

Could also be just a module, I don't really knows.

Joke: Maybe you could consider upgrading your rootkit to the new
version that knows how to avoid being detected by unhide. :-)

For myself, rkhunter give warning about inetd.
Looking to /etc/services, I found that Debian seems to like to have a
very big file with all known services rather than just add the
services needed. I don't even knows if other distributions does just
add the needed services.

And chkrootkit see that wpa_supplicant and dhclient are sniffing
packets on wireless lan device, which seems fine to me.