Pls help: memory leaks (my own, of course)

Hello,
I tried to update my Lenny box, and I got an error: no space left on device.
Tried aptitude autoclean, clean, but no luck. I known, it is my own fault, I
was too lazy to change the partition scheme give by the D-I at installation.
Anyway, there is a line command to use to change the amount of reserved space
on the partition. I have used it some time ago, but forgot what it is. If
some one could refresh my memory....
Thanks.
Thierry