Re: Is this bug in aptitude?

Rob Gom wrote:
[cut]
> Thank you very much.
> However I don't understand the answer. Why does aptitude want to
> uninstall them? Are they in conflict with something else? If so, why
> removed packages can be installed without problem later?
> In other words - "_why does aptitude want to remove automatically
> installed packages_"?
Because these packages were installed as dependencies to some other
package(s). When these packages are to removed, aptitude assumes that
installed dependencies are not needed anymore. And you need to manually
specify which packages are important to you (man aptitude, option
unmarkauto).

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF