Re: Happy birthday, Debian!

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:46:49AM +0300, Shachar Or wrote:
> > what's wrong with the files *.bin
> In VirtualBox OSE 1.6.2 it boots from the floppy, apparently and all I see is
> the cursor in the firt line, not blinking and the CPU stays idle.

I cannot help about VirtualBox, but you can try other virtualization
methods (such as quemu, bochs) or a real hardware to understand if the
problem is in the *.bin files

I suspect that the problem is not in the files, but in some
incompatibility with VirtualBox (or of your configuration of
VirtualBox). VirtualBox documentation/googling/forums might help.