Re: StartUp

Rod James Bio wrote:
Hi,

This may sound pretty out of place but can anyone list ways on how to make a program execute on startup? I am trying to a script to make my program a daemon but I was just wandering if there are any other ways to do this?

If you mean to start a program for yourself How about putting your script in ~/bin/ and running the script from your .bash_profile or .bashrc. Only problem with that is if you log in on more then one tty it will be run for each login unless you check for that in your calling stanza.

WT