Re: mount remote file system

On 08/19/08 06:03, Jos Collin wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to mount a remote file system using the command 'mount'? (not sshfs). I'm using Linux in the remote machine too. I'm trying to mount the dvd in the remote machine.

You want a remote filesystem visible to your machine? That's what NFS is for.

But are you asking how to use the *local* mount(8) to mount a remote DVD and have it presented to you on your local machine?

I *seriously* doubt that's possible. Unless there's some script that automates the "ssh pmount" and tells /etc/exports about the new fs.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson