programs using the /proc interface are broken.

Hi,

It looks like any programs using the /proc interface are now broken, at
least with the later kernels.

root@box:~# uname -a
Linux box 2.6.25-2-686 #1 SMP Fri Jul 18 17:46:56 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

Compare:

root@box:~# acpi -b
     Battery 0: Charging, 100%,  until charged [1]

with:
root@box:~# acpi -p -b
No support for device type: battery

root@box:~# man acpi
[..]
       -p | --proc
                 use the old /proc interface, default is the new /sys one

I have noticed this behaviour with at least two packages so far:
laptop-detect, and fvwm-crystal.

[1] Doesn't seem like the /sys interface is any easier to parse. :-(

--
Chris.
======