Re: Pendrive not mounted - and chroot

On 08/16/08 09:07, Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Sat August 16 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
I have 2 or 3 different USB sticks that I would like to automount, how do
I find out or determine their UUID??
# blkid /dev/sdg1

now theres a command I've never heard of!!
~# blkid /dev/sdg1
/dev/sdg1: UUID="686C-7E81" TYPE="vfat"
so, how do I put that in a sentence and use it:)

Edit /etc/fstab and add this:

UUID="686C-7E81" /media/SOME_THUMB vfat defaults,noauto  0 2

Then do:
# mount -v /media/SOME_THUMB

pmount will also work.

I looked in control center, under peripherals,storage media, but nothing jumps out at me about making it automount ..
ok, so I spent the last hour working on autofs..
I can get the device mounted like this:
mount /dev/sdg /media/sdg1

but not using autofs..

GNOME handles automounting for me.  Sorry.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson