Re: audigy se vs live 5.1

for gaming i use windows, it's kinda like my console xDDD

most of the time i use linux for working and movies, so that's why i'm bothering about 5.1
if the problems just show up with games, there are no problems at all ;)

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 04:21, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 13:19 -0300, Felipe Gallois wrote:
> Hello there,
> I intend to replace my onboard sound card, so I'm thinking about which
> card to buy.
> I'll plug a logitech x-540 (5.1) on it, so which of them is better,
> the audigy SE or live 5.1?

If they're EMU10k1 based cards, be aware that they're known non-starters
for using voice in Second Life on linux.

Paul Johnson

aka Felipe Gallois
website: www.gallois.com.br
blog: www.gallois.com.br/blog