Re: Installing realtime-lsm on Etch an a Half failed

2008/8/13 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>:
> Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Wed,13.Aug.08, 21:26:24, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> When I want to
>>>
>>> sudo aptitude install realtime-lsm
>>>
>>> I get the message:

>>> I try to build and install realtime-lsm with module-assistant too but
>>> with no success.
>>>
>>> I need this module to make some mixed audio files in realtime.
>>>
>>> How can I install realtime-lsm on my system?
>>
>> I see in the package description:
>>
>> IMPORTANT: The realtime-lsm module is not usable with the standard
>> Debian kernel, you have to compile your own kernel. See               ▒
>> /usr/share/doc/realtime-lsm/README.Debian for more information.
>>
>> (the README.Debian file would have been the first thing to check anyway)
>
> OK
>
> I'm installing now linux-source-2.6.24. :)
>
> --
> Regards, Paul Csanyi
> http://www.freewebs.com/csanyi-pal/index.htm
>

> --

I do a bit of realtime audio occasionally. Have a look at ' man
limits.conf ' adding the following lines adjusted to suit your system
to /etc/security/limits.conf

@audio - rtprio 95
@audio - memlock 1024000
@audio - nice -19

With the above the standard Debian kernel is fast enough here at
least. Something to try before rolling you own.

YMMV.

--
rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1