Re: What is the best way to deal with changing device names in Debian?

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 10:26 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> I *think* it works, but this is your data...
>
> > I suspect that running update-grub isn't mandatory, I can always update
> > menu.lst by hand right?
>
> Of course, but if you update the kernel stanza directly your changes
> will be overwritten on the next kernel upgrade ;)
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Ok, I'll use e2label from a livecd (hence my question about chrooting
Debian). Off course I use the space beneath the automagic kernel
list ;). I have to do this because Debian automagically configures
menu.lst wrong, but this is another story.

--
Regards,

Aniruddha