Re: Benefits (and risks) of using Sid

On 08/09/08 08:57, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 01:05 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
I put this at the bottom of my family members' .bashrc files. Works like a charm.

if [ "$TERM" == "linux" ]; then

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like that.  Alleviates the need for a login manager at all and if all
win users snooping around would not even know what to type at the login:
prompt.  But does this not kill any vt's for that user?  ie,
cntrl-alt-F2, login, wham, GUI and not a term.

Possibly. But they never do that, so it hasn't come up yet. Neither have I found a need to, yet, for that matter.

I am sitting here turning over diff. scenarios in my head, how to
accomplish them using this login script.  That is one of them.  I need
more time!  I don't have enough to play with.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."