Re: Does apt keep old packages?

On 08/07/08 06:07, Aniruddha wrote:
On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 05:55 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
locate <package> | grep deb$

Thanks for the tip. If I am not mistaken this command shows which
packages you have in cache. Unfortunately I have a fresh install, does
this mean I can't install an older package?

That's a different question.  Which Eduardo ably answered.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."