Re: Is the monitor ON?

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 18:47:49 +0300
"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Dotan,

> Then how does Debian probe the monitor for available resolutions
> during install? To check if the monitor is on, probe it for available
> resolutions. If you get no answer, then it is off.

It wouldn't surprise to me to find that, with some monitors at least,
this is not an accurate way of determining power state;  Like many
VCRs, TVs, digiboxes, computer PSU/mobo combos, the monitor may have
power to some circuitry regardless of power switch setting.

--
 Regards  _

Well you tried it just the once and found it alright for kicks
Orgasm Addict - Buzzcocks