Re: Is the monitor ON?

mike wrote:
Far on the other side of my building at work I have several linux boxes that displays a slide-show on a X screen. When our power blinks the computer will reboot and is fine. The monitor (which is a flatscreen tv) turns off and stays off until someone turns it on. From my desk I can easily tell if the computer is up and running, but I can't find a way to tell if the monitor is on or not.
Does anyone have a way to remotely tell if a monitor is on?

The only reliable way I can think of is to put a webcam on that computer facing the monitor.

--
Kent West                           <")))><