Re: Phoenix-awardbios Setup AMD64 Dual Core

On 08/01/08 17:00, Account for Debian group mail wrote:
Hello,

In the bios setup for this computer there is one item I don't know about:

Virtualization Technology {enabled / disabled] (I have set it to enabled).

On the side bar it states:

VT enables a CPU feature to run multiple simultaneous virtual machines
allowing specialized software to run in full isolation of each other.
HP recommends disabling this feature unless specialized applications are
being used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervisor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacifica_(virtual_machine)#AMD_virtualization_.28AMD-V.29

As stated above I "enabled" this but does anyone know if this is the
correct setting? for a AMD64 Dual Core machine running kernel-image
vmlinuz-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-amd64 and 4 Gigs of ram.

If it were my computer, I'd leave it on. You can always disable it if you get weird install or boot issues.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."
http://thefutureofthings.com/book/3/the-bomb-that-never-was.html