Re: [!] 2.6.26 + vga=791
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [!] 2.6.26 + vga=791
- From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:23:21 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I reported here on 5/18/2008 that I couldn't use vga=791 with the Debian
2.6.25 kernel, but *could* with the 2.6.25 from kernel.org.
Same issue with 2.6.26: vga=791 gets "undefined video mode". Yet it
works fine with 2.6.26 from kernel.org, so it is clearly a Debian issue.
In the 2 months that have expired noone has been able to shed light on
Too bad. For me 2.6.26-1-686 is unusable.
But I did something interesting: I recompiled 2.6.26-1-686 but changed
to .config file to what I use with my homerolled kernel. And guess what:
The problem lies in the .config file that Debian uses and apparently my
hardware. Something that Maximilian Attems pointed out in
please enlighten us on the .config changes.
we are *not* carrying any fb specific patches.
So now I have to go item by item and investigate the diff in .config
files, which is vast because with my .config the kernel compiles in 12
minutes and with the Debian .config it takes 1 hour + 20 minutes!