Re: compiled madwifi module, how to 'reload' without rebooting

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:36:09 -0400
"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> On a Debian Testing I just compiled the new module from
> madwifi-source. How do I reload that module without rebooting? lsmod
> does not list madwifi as a module. My current modules are:
> $> lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> ath_hal               301696  3 ath_pci,ath_rate_sample
> Thanks,
> ->HS

The Madwifi module is ath_pci - see ath_pci above in your lsmod output.

To reload it, something like the below command, as root, should do the

modprobe -rv ath_pci && modprobe -v ath_pci

 Jaime Tarrant
 http://www.tarsysco.com    jaime.tarrant@tarsysco.com