Re: what's the best IDE for C programming in Debian?

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 08:40:56AM -0700, Steve Witt wrote:
> Seriously, if you like an big IDE then I'd recommend eclipse. I've been
> forced to use it on a project for the last year and I really dislike it.

A glowing recommendation, indeed.

> To me, a decent editor that does
> syntax high-lighting (vim or emacs and others are very capable in this
> regard), a couple of xterms, make and gdb (or ddd), are all the IDE one
> needs. Probably the older people (of which I am becoming) will say this,
> and the younger people, who grew up with IDEs will be horrified.

I guess I must be one of the older people, too, as my standard DIDE
(dis-integrated development environment) consists of several xterms
running vim (or other tools as needed), plus a web browser for looking
up any extra information I may need.

--
News aggregation meets world domination.  Can you see the fnews?
http://seethefnews.com/