Re: what's the best IDE for C programming in Debian?

Le jeudi 31 juillet 2008, Thomas Preud'homme a écrit :
> Le jeudi 31 juillet 2008, Steve Witt a écrit :
> > On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Star Liu wrote:
> > > When I develop in windows, I use visual studio.net 2008 as my
> > > IDE, if I want to develop in Debian, what's the best the IDE for
> > > C programming?
> > > thanks!
> >
> > emacs
>
> The troll begins

I explain my POV since I had complaints off list (We are not friday).
Star Liu talk about visual studio as an example of IDE he look for.
Proposing vim are emacs are not good answer for me, even if both can be
customized to make powerfull things regarding to development.

I can't suggest you anything since I do not use an IDE for C except
occasionally eclipse when I come to a big project. Being able to follow
a function call or to open call hierarchy and go to the definition of a
function is usefull (I discovered ctags recently and I think the next
time I'll use it).

However, you could look at code::blocks (not packaged yet in Debian but
I saw an ITP on it) or kdevelop and netbeans according to debian user
of one of my IRC channel.

Regards

--
Thomas Preud'homme