Re: fortune not working

Peter Daum wrote:
certainly not the most critical problem, but at least on my system (mainly Etch, I also tried the fortune package from Lenny) doesn't work. when I trace it, I can see that it reads a bunch of fortue data files but that is obviously just
for its own pleasure - it just silently exits w/o any error.

Any ideas?
                         Peter

Sorry, sent that last post before I was ready.

Try redirecting the output to a file and the check the file. Maybe the problem is that the output is not going where you think it should.

Mark Allums