Re: Does anybody know a mailer that handles contact lists better than evolution???

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 12:48 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 07/28/08 11:38, Shachar Or wrote:
> > On Monday 28 July 2008 19:34, Frank Charles Gallacher wrote:
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> I am running Evolution 2.6.3 on "etch" kernel 2.6.18-6-686.
> >>
> >> I trying to import a list of email adresses in .CSV format.
> >> The import works OK, but I'm having trouble creating a contact list.
> >> I can select all the emails, but doing a "drag and drop" just does not
> >> want to work...
> >>
> >> Can anyone help me out here???
> >
> > Try kaddressbook.
>
> Do KDE apps mesh well with GNOME apps?

I actually sorted this one myself:

franx@Ni:~$ apropos vcard
csv2vcard (1)        - Convert a CSV-formatted list of contacts to
vCards
franx@Ni:~$ csv2vcard

Takes a CSV-formatted list of contacts from Outlook and attempts to
convert it into a list of VCards suitable for import into Evolution.

Usage: /usr/bin/csv2vcard [infile outfile]

franx@Ni:~$

(Sorry, it was getting a bit late, had I been less tired I would have
been thinking quicker...)