Re: Accent chars instead of VGA graphics from Ubuntu system (terminal via ssh)

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 07:15:55AM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> Having just installed Mythbuntu 8.04.1 onto a recently procured
> computer, I'm doing tasks via ssh. I have several Debian Sid boxes and
> I've not run into this issue until I began using the Mythbuntu box.
>
> What I see are VGA style graphics characters replaced by accented
> alphabet letters. Here is a snapshot of Midnight Commander:

After the SSH terminal opens, did you try replacing the shell or opening
a new xterm with a unicode enabled terminal (xterm -u8 for example)?

--

Patrick Ouellette                 pat@flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO