Re: [OT] Setting up getmail to retrieve mails from gmail [Was: Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]]

The Monday 28 July 2008 16:31:20 Andrei Popescu, you wrote :
> On Mon,28.Jul.08, 20:10:42, Arvind Marathe wrote:
> > > You still have a Reply-To: header and some clients might interpret it
> > > as a request for Cc.  Mutt does not set it by default, so it must be
> > > something that you did :)
> >
> > The education continues ;)
>
> Uhh, don't take my word for it. You should read more docs.
>
> > Well i had
> > my_hdr Reply-To: Arvind Marathe <bahuroopi@gmail.com>
> > in my mutt profile for gmail. Commented now, so the Reply-To should
> > disappear now.
>
> It did.
>
> > Anything else? :)
>
> Well, there is... just kidding :)
>
> I don't know how others do it, but I generally tend to try to stick with
> the defaults as much as possible. I trust Debian to generally have sane
> defaults and when I want to change something I read about it and try to
> make my own opinion. I could have copied a muttrc from the 'net (there
> are plenty), but instead I have written my own and put in *a lot* of
> comments, because months latter I might forget what a certain option is
> good for.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

I do exactly the opposite when I know what I want because defaults can change.
When I don't know for an option I let the default set but when I do want one
behaviour and not another I set the option even if it's already the default
value.

Regards

--
Thomas Preud'homme