Re: Printing from GIMP

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Le dimanche 27 juillet 2008, Marc Shapiro a écrit :
I recently purchased a new printer and drivers were not available for
it in Etch, which I am running.  Gutenprint 5.0.2 has the necessary
drivers and I compiled it from source and the printer works great. My problem is that there are no 'Print' options on the GIMP menus. I
am running the version of GIMP from the Debian Etch repository.  How
do I get Debian's GIMP to recognize the compiled from source
gutenprint 5.0.2 and allow me to print directly from GIMP.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

Silly question but to you have gimp-print installed ?
Gutenprint is what used to be called gimp-print. So, yes, I have gutenprint 5.0.2 installed from sources. No, I do not have the Debian package 'gimp-print' (which is gutenprint 5.0.0) installed. I needed the newer version to get the drivers for my printer. I just checked in Lenny and Sid. Both have the gutenprint-doc package for gimp-print 5.0.2, but neither of them actually have the gimp-print 5.0.2 package. So I have no choice but to compile from sources, which seems to leave me without the print option on the menus.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com