Re: dbus - configure error - i386

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 22:11:34 +0200, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
> I setup i386 etch chroot on amd64 etch using debootstrap and installed
> build-essential with no problem. I need dbus to satisfy buld-dep for pidgin. But
> threre is problem in configure step.

[...]

> Setting up dbus (1.0.2-1+etch1) ...
> Adding group `messagebus' (GID 102) ...
> Done.
> Adding system user `messagebus' (UID 100) ...
> Adding new user `messagebus' (UID 100) with group `messagebus' ...
> Not creating home directory `/var/run/dbus'.
> Starting system message bus: dbusCould not tell if SELinux is enabled: No such
> file or directory
> SELinux pre-initialization failed
> invoke-rc.d: initscript dbus, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: error processing dbus (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  dbus

When I start dbus it accesses /selinux (which is an empty directory on
my system) and /etc/selinux/config (which was generated by the package
policycoreutils AFAIK). You could check for differences related to those
files between the working and the broken chroot.

The best approach is probably to forbid restarting system services
entirely within the chroot. You can do this by generating the file
/usr/sbin/policy-rc.d (in the chroot) with these three lines:

#!/bin/sh
echo "===== rc.d operations blocked by /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d =====" >&2
exit 101

You have to make this script executable, i.e.

ls -l /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 209 2008-05-09 09:36 /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d

          Florian   |