Re: 2.6.25 kernel and NVIDIA driver

Paul Cartwright wrote:
pardon me if this was already beat to death, but I was away last week.. Today I booted into my new 2.6.25-2 kernel and I tried to run my normal NVIDIA...-pkg1.run script. It complained about the XEN kernel and failed. So I found this wonderful web page that helped me get my NVIDIA driver working again:
http://blog.creonfx.com/linux/how-to-install-nvidia-driver-on-2625-2-debian-kernel-with-xen

basically it says this:
sgfxi Says:
June 3rd, 2008 at 4:32 am

I implemented this in our debian sid/testing nvidia/fglrx installer script, sgfxi, for the lazy among you.

Must be run from /usr/local/bin
cd /usr/local/bin;wget -Nc http://techpatterns.com/sgfxi; chmod +x sgfxi

sgfxi installs all current nvidia drivers, patches them, detects your card version to install correct driver version, or lets you override it to install some other driver, applies patches if needed, see: sgfxi -h for currently supported drivers.

It also updates itself automatically every time you run it after you install it.

sgfxi home page: http://techpatterns.com/forums/about933.html

To install latest current, just do: sgfxi -c

it worked for me on my Dell desktop and GEforce 7700 NVIDIA card..

Paul

Good find - thanks. I followed the script and it painlessly installed the correct drivers for the 2.6.25-2-686 kernel and I am using a nVidia GeForce 8500 card.

That's a keeper!!

Cheers

Andy