Problems with consolechars on debian etch dom0

Hello,

I'm running a debian etch xen dom0 host with kernel 2.6.18-6-xen-amd64.

With xen 3.0.3 all is fine, but when I boot in xen 3.2 (from backports)
the script /etc/init.d/console-screen.sh, exactly the command
"/usr/bin/consolechars --tty=/dev/tty[1-6] lat0-sun6", makes the console
unusable (the text is moving very fast over the display). Everything
else works fine. If I comment out the according lines in the script or
boot into xen 3.03 or into normal kernel everything is ok.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

PJ