Re: Dual Core processor ?

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 08:07:23AM -0700, Account for Debian group mail wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm in the process of replacing one of our mail servers with a new
> machine. Is Debian stable enough on the Intel or AMD dual core 64 bit
> processors for a mail server?
>
> This machine will get heavy use and runs hard for 24 hrs a day.
>
> Any suggestion for something fast but very stable?

I've been running Debian Lenny on a dual-core AMD processor (admittely a
laptop, not a server-grade system) for months now with a total of zero
crashes.  Some problems, but not hardware or distro-related.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!