Re: Greetings and question

On Thu,24.Jul.08, 00:59:13, Juan Ignacio wrote:

> Sorry I didn't say that I'm using debian lenny. Is there a problem if I
> install a package from another version?

Yes and no. We usually advise against it, but with lenny you sometimes
have to. Put a line with

APT::Default-Release "testing";

in /etc/apt/apt.conf. If the file doesn't exist you will have to create
it. "lenny" instead of "testing" won't work (unless the bug has been
fixed) so will have to take care when lenny gets released. Add a source
for sid and try to install that package with

apt-get install -t your-sid-package

If it doesn't pull any or just a few packages it *should* be pretty
safe, but if it breaks you get to keep both pieces ;)

There is also a page somewhere that tells you why (and how long it
should take) the package is not in testing. Maybe you want to wait for a
few days?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)