Kernel not changed after Etch -> Lenny upgrading! (was: Umts pendrive modem installation)

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib
>
> See http://www.debian.org/mirror for a complete list of mirrors and
> choose one close to you.

I put that line in /etc/sources.list, then connected to internet and did:

 # apt-get update
 # apt-get dist-upgrade

.  The process took a long time, then I rebooted.  But when I do `uname -r' I
still get the same output as before: 2.6.18-4-k7.  How is that possible?  I
wanted to upgrade to Lenny just to upgrade the kernel...

Thanks
Rodolfo