Re: will not reboot

On Wed July 23 2008, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > when I went to the 2.6.25-2 kernel.
> > what do I look for as far as stuck processes or logs??
>

> What is the last message? Compare that with the sequence in /etc/rc.0/
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

took me a while to figure this out.. in reality, what I have is /etc/rc0.d
does this tell me the last 2 things to happen are:
S60umountroot
 S90halt

it looks like S90 looks for apcupsd/ups-monitor, which i have...
and this:

# apctest

2008-07-23 09:18:57 apctest 3.14.4 (18 May 2008) debian
Checking configuration ...
Attached to driver: usb
sharenet.type = DISABLE
cable.type = USB_CABLE

You are using a USB cable type, so I'm entering USB test mode
mode.type = USB_UPS
Setting up the port ...
apctest FATAL ERROR in device.c at line 70
Unable to create UPS lock file.
  If apcupsd or apctest is already running,
  please stop it and run this program again.
apctest error termination completed
paulandcilla:/etc/rc0.d#

# /etc/init.d/apcupsd stop
Stopping UPS power management: No process in pidfile `/var/run/apcupsd.pid'
found running; none killed.
apcupsd.

now what..

does this mean anything?