Re: Cron jobs and root account locked on Lenny

On Wed,23.Jul.08, 00:11:35, Alexander Fortin wrote:

[locked root account troubles]

> Of course, I could unlock root account, but I thought it was good
> practice to avoid root login from tty/ssh etc, and I'm pretty sure
> this configuration was working well under Etch. Could this be
> considered as a bug? Should I report it?

I never understood what benefits this brings, the Ubuntu page explaining
it didn't convince me. Also, as far as I understand (from the very same
page) Ubuntu is patching some (many?) packages to make them work in this
configuration.

Of course, I may be completely wrong, in which case I'm sure somebody
will contradict me with arguments and references :)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)