Re: directory to deb

T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick question,
>
> Apart from using checkinstall, if I've prepared a directory of folders and
> files, can I make the directory into a .deb file?
>
> Thanks

As I know, no. In your case checkinstall is better. To prepare valid .deb, you must
provide more than just directories and files, see 'Debian New Maintainers' Guide' for
detailed info and consider writing to 'debian-mentors[dog]lists.debian.org' about
preparing the .deb's.

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF, Ukrainian C++ developer.