ldap-slaves with different Versions

Hallo all,

I have one ldap master, that is run with slapd version 2.3.30-5+etch1 and some
slave-server  with Version 2.2.23-8 (sarge). For this configuration the
replication is use slurpd. Now i have a new slave server with slapd version
2.4.7-6.2 (lenny). I want setup for this machine syncrepl.
 I know, that this version of slapd can also use slurpd. But the installed
version has a bug for the modify command. If I want to upgrade slurpd, it
comes with many package wich also to upgrade. The Machine is a mix of lenny
and etch, so this is not so good.
So my question ist:
 Can I use the same slapd.conf at the master for both slurpd and syncrepl
configuration?

It is a productive system and I can work only with cautious.

Thanks in advance

Monika
Monika Strack
Institut fuer Nutztiergenetik
Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut

31535 Neustadt               e-mail: monika.strack@fli.bund.de
Germany                      Tel: +49 5034 /871 154
                             Fax: +49 5034 /871 239