Re: How to force ifup to wait for dhcp?

On Mon July 21 2008 00:50:39 Shachar Or wrote:
> On Monday 21 July 2008 10:43, Mike Bird wrote:
> > The problem is that I've not found a way to make startup wait for DHCP
> > before plowing ahead and making a mess of openvpn, which then messes up
> > the routing in quagga.
>
> Once dhcp fails/times-out the openvpn setup gets busted?

DHCP neither fails nor times out.  DHCP occurs in the background.  Openvpn
starts up before DHCP has succeeded.  Of particular concern to openvpn is
that there is no default route until DHCP has succeeded.

The question is how to make ifup wait for DHCP on wlan0, so that the default
route is available when openvpn starts, as we need openvpn to create a route
with a next hop of "net_gateway".

--Mike Bird